UFC star Conor McGregor has been accused of sexually assaulting a woman during an NBA Finals game last week in Miami. According to legal letters sent to McGregor and his team, the woman said McGregor “violently” forced himself on her inside a VIP men’s bathroom at Kaseya Center, adding that McGregor “aggressively kissed her” before also attempting to force her into multiple sexual acts.
The incident allegedly occurred during Game 4 of the Finals, with the woman also accusing the Miami Heat and NBA security of aiding McGregor in the attack by separating her from her friend and forcing her into the bathroom. A spokesperson for the Miami Police Department said its special victims unit is investigating a report filed Sunday and no additional information will be released at this time. The 34-year-old McGregor has denied the allegations through his attorney Barbara Llanes, sharing in a statement: “Mr. McGregor will not be intimidated.”
The UFC issued a statement Thursday saying it was aware of the allegations against McGregor, and said it “will continue to gather additional details regarding the incident. UFC will allow the legal process to play out before making any additional statements.” Additionally, the Heat and NBA both acknowledged the woman’s allegations; the Heat said: “We are aware of the allegations and are conducting a full investigation. Pending the outcome of the investigation, we will withhold further comment.”
McGregor has been accused of sexual assault four previous times outside the United States, although he has not faced any legal punishment and at least one case was dropped.
Editorial credit: motorsports Photographer / Shutterstock.com